At the Children’s Museum at Holyoke, we take the health and well-being of our visitors and staff seriously. As we learn more about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are evaluating our protocols and taking steps to help ensure a safer environment for all. We are tracking recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and making changes to our protocols as needed.
- The Museum is professionally cleaned.
- All bathrooms are professionally disinfected.
- Tabletops and counters in exhibit areas are cleaned by staff after closing and twice a day during open hours.
- Admissions Desk surfaces are disinfected at least twice a day.
- Staff daily cleaning tasks include cleaning and sanitizing pretend food and other exhibits pieces.
- Other exhibit pieces get swapped out all week to clean.
- Water Table exhibit is chemically treated every other day.
- Birthday Party Rooms are cleaned before and after every party.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers filled with Purell® 70% ethyl alcohol are located across from the front desk and also by the drums and Post Office. Kleenex is also available throughout the museum.
- Other sanitizer pumps are placed throughout the museum.
- Volunteers and staff clean all surfaces in the museum daily.
We encourage our staff and visitors to do their part to keep the community healthy and safe:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home if you have a fever, and seek medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, following proper hand-washing procedures.
We will continue to stay abreast of all updates and recommendations from the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Health, and are working in tandem with the Association of Children’s Museums to ensure the highest level of commitment to safety and wellness for our Museum community. This page will be updated as necessitated by any changes in the above procedures and recommendations.